Thursday, September 6, 2018

POETRY IS EMOTIONAL SHORTHAND

What follows are two recent poetical efforts:


           Any Day Now


Come late winter or early spring

I’ll tackle this oft-delayed thing

My intentions are honest; my motives pure

But putting off afflicts even the mature


Any day now I’ll get started; no more debate

Just permit me one more day to procrastinate!        


 
                            Fancy Company Dishes
Unmatched deeply cracked plates and chipped cups were for daily use
Yet porcelain soldiers rested expectantly and never wounded by abuse
These exactly alike dishes were used only when visitors came for a rest
We were forbidden to touch them; Mom cautioned they were her best 
Mom and the dishes are gone; yet we recall her constant dining wishes
At the Banquet, when she arrived, she saw only Fancy Company Dishes  
Glenn <><












No comments:

Post a Comment