Tuesday, July 2, 2019

PARIS CROSSING REUNION ROUND-UP


                    Paris Crossing Reunion Round-Up
                                                                                                                 
For some local Paris Crossing grads, the annual reunion of all classes is probably very common place. Duties and distance of the military and gospel ministry have greatly impacted my ability to attend. Fortunately, though 800 miles from Oklahoma, I was recently able to attend the third such reunion since graduating in 1959.The following observations were important to me:

1.     There was an unapologetic inclusion of gospel hymn, prayers, and old-fashioned Hoosier patriotism. 

2.     Class members who answered the last roll call during the previous year were appropriately remembered and honored.

3.     College scholarships were awarded to three promising young relatives of Paris Crossing grads.

4.     At 77, it is time to be very honest, especially with people who are of a similar age. As a result, I had to say to some unrecognized greeters, “You have the better of me, I don’t recognize you.” Nervous laughter often followed.

5.     Special acknowledgement is due Richard “Red” Young and his dedicated staff for a job well done. Kudos also to the Pines Restaurant in Seymour for hosting this annual event.

6.     I must publicly thank Ronald Harrison, my life-long friend, for his many continuing fine gestures of keeping me informed of Paris Crossing activities.

Somewhat related: Without a doubt, Indiana home owners have the best cared for lawns in America! Ditto the proud display of Old Glory.

Glenn <><

No comments:

Post a Comment