Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"How Long Has It Been Since.................................??

During Uncle Coleman's viewing and funeral I met a good number of our classmates, other PCHS students, and/or spouses. Here is a brief summary of my meetings:

1. Much concern for deceased former students and thanksgiving for being among the living.


2. Most were in remarkably good health. Some looked years younger than their actual age.


3. Many were continuing to work for a variety of reasons. All seemed happy with their work.


4. Stories about former classmates and sports teams. I had to brag about the night I went 18 for 23. Got the ball  23 times and shot it 18 times. I did not remind anyone how many actually went in.


5. A goodly number spoke of their active, personal and dynamic relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ!


6. Most had missed out visiting the great State of Oklahoma. If all of the people I invited come at the same time I'm in trouble.

7  Everybody wants to tell you about their grandkids!!!

8. Some had experienced relationship problems. Some had been victims of spouses who did not keep their marriage vows. Addiction is all down hill.

9. One woman who I had honor of dating once (no guesses please) in PCHS days still maintains a beautiful figure and her voice could still charm honey bees off of roses!!!!!


10. The conversations under the most difficult of circumstances proves good often comes from bad.T

No comments:

Post a Comment