Saturday, November 1, 2014

LIFE IS PRECIOUS---TIME MARCHES ON !

Many of the readers of this Blog are 60+ years of age. Somewhere---I do not know where---people develop a heightened concern about acquaintances with whom they have maintained limited contact over the years. Why is that? I suggest the following:


a. Death is rapidly depleting our ranks. If we have something to say, we had better say it now.


b. Each death of classmates and friends, who are about the same age, remind us of our own mortality.


c. For some, friends from the past is all some folks have now. Most people need people---Thanks Barbara Streisand--(Name Dropping---I served with an officer who was in Barbara's high school. )


d. With Eternity in view---life tends to sort out the chaff. People, not things, occupy are thoughts.


I confess: My classmates and friends from high school have always occupied a vital part of my memory. This is a bit strange because I have seen so few of them since we graduated. (My wife and brother frequently accuse me of being stuck in the 50's. I am guilty as charged.)


Glenn <><
Just West of Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment