Tuesday, January 14, 2014

IT WAS SO WINDY........

OKLAHOMA HAS LOTS AND LOTS OF WIND. RECENTLY WE HAD 40-50 MPH WINDS ON A CLOUDLESS DAY.

Today I was checking out of the Dollar General store and the elderly lady ahead of me was complaining to the clerk about the wind.

I couldn't resist making this comment to both of the ladies, "Yes, it sure was windy. In fact, it was so windy that even Superman was walking!" 

Without a moments delay, the elderly lady said to me and the clerk, "That ain't nothin'. A lady I know who lives on a farm told me it was so windy that one of her layin' hens laid the same egg twice!" 

I remarked, " That sure beats the one I told." The clerk agreed and said, "It sure does!"

Oklahomans are great story tellers. Especially when it involves the weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment