Saturday, April 26, 2014

TRUTH HURTS---A LOT v2.0

At times I feel like a stranger lost in an undiscovered country.

No amount of preparation can get you fully ready for the feelings, physically and mentally, a person experiences as they enter a chapter of their life called Old Age. (Someone has jokingly said Old Age is 15 years older than you are !!!!)

I accidentally discovered a portion of a poem written by Thomas Carew (1589-1639) that sure hits me where I live. Truthfully, I feel uneasy knowing someone (outside the Bible) centuries ago knew exactly how I would feel in 2014.

Disdained Returned.

He that loves a rosy cheek,
Or a choral lip admires,
Or from star-like eyes doth seek
Fuel to maintain his fires;
As old Time makes these decay,
So his flames must waste away.

Strangely, I am listening to 1950s music as I type this. I have been young and now am old---I think I like young better !!!!

Glenn <><
Just West of Yesterday 





No comments:

Post a Comment