Monday, April 27, 2015

IS IT POSSIBLE ? WHAT DO YOU THINK

This week, a female church member quickly reported to me that she loved her husband but did not like him


Is that possible? Perhaps she loved him but did not like some of his behavior. This is not only possible, it is a by product of any loving relationship.


However, there is yet another possible interpretation. Please follow my line of reasoning.


As kids, long before we worried about acne and long before we even thought of driving, we often exchanged notes with members of the opposite sex that declared we liked someone. (Some notes even had a Yes or No option that asked the recipient whether or not they liked us.) I don't think that even moved  the needle on the Puppy Love Meter!


Silly now? But super meaningful then. As all caring adults can report, this the first step in some important way the communication of feeling toward the opposite sex


Case in point, I liked several girls in grade school.
On to PCHS, I liked several girls but there was only one I truly loved. When she married, I wanted to die. To this day,  and 53 years of marriage,I think of her often. In my mind I play the silly "What If Game."


Pardon the temporary absence from the original question. Can you love someone and yet not like them? My reply may shock some readers-if liking precedes love, then a fundamental building block has been removed from the foundation of that relationship. But if the relationship has deteriorated to the ground floor, love has been removed.


It is 1 am now. But I am better equipped to help the original questioner. What do you think?


Glenn <><
Just West of yesterday




m better able to give that person who started all of this a better reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment