Saturday, April 18, 2015

Retirement Letter To Church

I take no joy in reporting this. This is the letter I will read to our church Sunday morning. Total of 34 years ordained ministry---22 years at current church. Oh, how I love these wonderful people. In a very real way it seems as if I'm leaving home. Part of me will always be with this church.




April 19, 2015
My Dear Church Family,
With much sadness, and yet with prayerful assurance, I will retire as your pastor the last Sunday in May. (5-31-15.) The timing of my retirement has been moved up. Initially, I wanted to retire after VBS. The poor health of my Dad and brother plus Dad’s upcoming 100th Birthday Celebration makes this timing the best for everyone. In addition, Elvis is dead and I ain’t feeling so good myself.


 I wholeheartedly urge the church to elect Bro. Coody as your pastor immediately upon my retirement. 


To quote that famous theologian---Ernest Tubb---“Let’s say goodbye like we said hello in a friendly sort of way.”


Your grateful pastor,
Glenn <><


No comments:

Post a Comment