Thursday, November 29, 2012

I NEVER TOLD YOU THIS.............

During my PCHS days I saw two movies that continue to impact my life. No, I didn't see them in the Park or Ritz theathers in North Vernon. Ditto the Crump in Columbus. In fact, I do not remember the name of the theater. The theater was located in Covington, KY. Covington is just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati.

One of Dad's sisters lived in Covington for a while with here husband (the original Archie Bunker) and four boys and a girl. We would make an annual trip from Jennings County to visit our "city kinfolks." In fact, Cousin Albert and I walked to Crosley Field three times to see the Reds play baseball. I guess a round trip distance was 10-15 miles. When the Reds were not at Home playing on a Sunday, my three older cousins, my brother and I walked to a matinee showing at a theater which was about five blocks from the cousin's home. What follows is about two movies that are in my All-time Favorite Top Ten.


This Post is about those two very special movies: The Searchers, staring John Wayne and Moby Dick, staring Gregory Peck (no relation, I think).

Searchers has my all-time favorite musical score; (second is The Big Country, also staring Gregory Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment