Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Baby Whisperer

prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4839364082009723&w=103&h=103&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90
This is not a photo of the child referred to below

One of my pastimes at Wal-Mart is to talk to babies and toddlers riding in their mother's shopping cart. It pleases the mothers AND the babies---as you will discover.

I call myself the universal grandpa. I may have to change my name after a recent event at Wal-Mart.

A baby, maybe 14 months, was trying to pull some cereal boxes off of the shelf. Mom smacked the baby's hands and a cry of epic proportions. resulted.

Grandpa Glenn to the rescue! I can make a face that causes my mouth to resemble the sound of WOOOO. Within seconds the child stopped crying and started laughing. Works every time.

The mother was astounded. And my 15 year old grandson said, "Grandpa, you ARE the Baby Whisperer!"  I love the title and I love interacting with small children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment