Thursday, February 26, 2015

DEBATE MAKES A NATION GREAT !

THE FOLLOWING WAS SUBMITTED TO OUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER---LETTERS TO THE EDITOR.


I WOULD WELCOME THE WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION. WE ARE AT THE CROSSROADS. WE MAY HAVE ALREADY PASSED THE LAST EXIT TO FREEDOM. BUT I INTEND TO DO MY SMALL PART TO ENCOURAGE THOSE AMERICANS WHO STAND A BIT TALLER WHEN OLD GLORY PASSES BY, WHO GO TO ARLINGTON OR OTHER NATIONAL CEMETARIES AND HAVE MOISTURE  FILL THEIR EYES, AND WHO TEACH THEIR GRANDCHILDREN THE PLEDGE OF ALLIGANCE EVEN BEFORE KINDERGARTEN! MAY GOD STILL BLESS AMERICA.



                                     Debate Makes A Nation Great                               

 

No crowds were present.  Rifles gave no final salute. Taps was only played in my heart. I rendered the best salute a 73 year old veteran can muster as I buried a pickle jar containing the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and a letter to future generations of Americans.

I took this unusual action to symbolize the death of Free Speech and Internet Freedom following the FCC’s 324-page regulation which will impact freedom for generations yet unborn. The Internet will now be treated as a public utility managed by the government. Net Neutrality is not neutral--- rates, speeds, innovations, information, and limitations of every sort and kind is now the law of the land which was decided by a 3-2 vote of unelected FCC CommissionERS.

The Internet will soon become the Cash Cow of the U.S. Treasury. But beyond the certain decrease in speeds and certain rate (hidden tax) increases, the main casuality is the control of content. The greatness of a nation is not measured by how much agreement it can tolerate, often purchased with bribes and political incentives. The greatness of a nation is measured by how much disagreement, discussion and debate is permitted. The very fabric of American society is built and sustained by this here-to-for Constitutional understanding.

Some political observers are calling the FCC action “a Legacy hallmark for years to come.” My simple action, maybe silly to some, was a way for me to leave a buried legacy which might be discovered by future Freedom lovers who need a framework on where to start to rebuild a once great nation.  

My oldest grandson lowered our flag to half- staff and assisted me in the ceremony. I told him, “Son, I am sorry I am leaving this great nation to you in such bad condition.”

Glenn  <><
JUST WEST OF YESTERDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment