Wednesday, February 4, 2015

RADIO SHACK --- R.I. P.

RADIO SHACK HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY.


FOR MOST CONSUMERS THIS IS JUST ANOTHER STORY OF A FAILED BUSINESS.
FOR ME, IT IS AN OUTCOME I SAW COMING MANY YEARS AGO.


Over 20 years ago I interviewed with a district manager in OKC for possible employment. Here is what he told me.


"If you go to work for RS your job is to first get every dollar out of a customer's wallet; max out his credit card, and sell warranties on all equipment."


Needless to say I could not work anywhere with such a cut throat sales philosophy.


I AM SORRY TO SEE SO MANY RS FOLKS PUT OUT OF WORK. HOWEVER, WHAT GOES AROUND DOES COME AROUND !!


GLENN <><
JUST WEST OF YESTERDAY



1 comment:

  1. When I was building shortwave radios and learning about amateur radio, RS was primarily for hams. Tubes, wire, and electronic components for the builder to improve his "Shack" (term used to designate the location of a ham's radio gear). They tried the hifi gear, then computers, then cell phones--none worked. Poor equipment, uninformed sales staff, and service that was just one step short of the dump. Gone---and forgotten!

    ReplyDelete