Tuesday, December 8, 2015

IN RESPONSE TO MANY REQUESTS....

......I AM GOING TO GIVE MY EARLY BIO ANYWAY!!!!!


I was born in a log cabin that I helped my father build. It was a frightening day when I came into the world. I remember I cried like a baby.


My Mom said it was too late to send me back. My Dad remarked that maybe they could trade me in on a newer model later.


The doctor who delivered me said he would send the carnies from the county fair by. Perhaps they would take me when they left town!


I cannot say I remember much about this part of my life. Later, my aunt told me the first words I could say was, "Step right up folks!"


When I started school I rode by myself in the short school bus. In school when we practiced nuclear attack drills the teacher said I could remain standing. Mrs. Evans, my first first grade teacher did not return after Thanksgiving break. Rumor had it she had a nervous  breakdown!


My favorite high school teacher was Mr. Bolen who taught driver's ed. After the first day he permitted me to solo and he told me to forget about using the seat belt. The newspaper reported he was too drunk to appear for my trial.


My high school grades were such I earned the first scholarship ever awarded to the Three Fingers Meat Cutter's College. A the graduation I asked the president of the TFMCC to give me five. He said, "I can't, but I'll give you three!"


Glenn <><
Just West of Yesterday



No comments:

Post a Comment