Sunday, May 29, 2016

ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY THIS IS SPECIAL !!!

THERE IS A LOT OF DISCUSSION ABOUT LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN THE MILITARY. I WISH I HAD SAID THIS FIRST:


Management: Doing things right


Leadership: Doing the right things


Having served an Air Force career, I saw both management and leadership. With the real time reporting environment of today's military we have a lot more management than leadership. Leadership is becoming more and more centralized. In my view, America is not well served by this tendency. Yes, I have a built-in bias in favor of local units. They, more than anyone, understand the challenges, stakes and the consequence of all decisions  


I once heard a four-star general say that he had more authority as a captain than he has as a general officer! That is an awesome statement!
Politics drives too many decision.


Glenn <><
Just West of Yesterday

1 comment:

  1. NO! I WILL NOT DISCLOSE THE NAME OR CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE I HEARD THIS REMARK BY THE GENERAL. I WAS ASTOUNDED THEN, BUT NOT NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete