Saturday, March 3, 2012

MR. WEISS SHOWED US THE FUTURE IN 1958!

In our junior year Mr. Weiss made some rather startling projections about the future. Many of us, in 1958, thought he was way off the mark. Turns out he was 100 percent correct!


1. Men would start wearing their hair long like women. This probably came true in the 1960's. Many of the fellows, me included, thought this  was nuts.A current personal note: One my deacons and his wife are products of the 60's culture. He has long hear and a beard. He is without doubt the most dynamic and sincere Christian I have ever met. I think Jesus may have looked like this wonderful friend and fellow worker in the vineyard. Another personal note: I wish I had some hair! Maybe I am being punished for laughing at Principal Ira Whitaker!


2. Men will use bags, like brief cases, with long straps---like women. Ever see a guy with a laptop computer on a long strap over his shoulder? All kinds of luggage bags also. I don't know how he knew the future. But he was spot on.


3. The line of distinction between men and women would become blurred. This has happened in many areas of life: Women in combat, sports, politics, and many, many others. Our youngest daughter was a real star in basketball and volleyball. How about stay at home Dads? More and more men are entering nursing.


Mr Weiss was a real teacher and could identify with students. I heard he has written a book about cooking German food. He was special to all of us.


One of our classmates was introduced to her future husband by Mr. Weiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment