Thursday, September 27, 2012

HOW TOUGH WAS PCHS---IN COMPARISON ?

I'm always looking for quotes that I can use in ministry and this Blog. Also, they help me keep my grand kids laughing: Here's a few on how tough some schools were:

"I read Shakespeare and the Bible and I can shoot dice. That's what I call a liberal education."

                               ------Tallulah Bankhead

"I wont say our school was a tough school, but we had our own corner. We used to write essays like What I'm going to be IF I grow up!"

                                                              ----Lenny Bruce

"In our school you were searched for guns and knives on the way in and if you didn't have any they gave you some."

                               ----Emo Phillips

"In our school we had such few students we didn't have a class clown, we just took turns."

        ----Glenn C. Peck (Vanity is a horrible thing!)

TOTALLY UNRELATED: I ask that you help me increase the number of people reading the Blog. My long absence has all but stopped regular visits to the Blog. I'm alive and well and want to keep at this, IF there are enough readers.

Here's a possible way to help: Email not only our classmates, other former PCHS students, and friends and family with the link to the Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment