Saturday, February 16, 2013

"We'll Understand It Better By and By"

That wonderful old hymn of the church has encouraged millions over the years.

I have learned a few things in later life I didn't know as a teenager. Here's a few:

1. I understand why my folks needed a nap on Sunday afternoon.

2. I realize the paycheck always runs out before the month does.

3. Loaning someone a book is the same as giving it away.

4. On the eighth day God created Tupperware.

5. Old folks don't always go to sleep when they go to bed early.

6. Grandkids represent God giving us a second chance.

7. The guy next door has as many problems as you do.

8. Our favorite items will be at the Goodwill someday.

9  Black and White movies have good writers, great actors, and superb directors

10. On your day off the phone will never stop ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment