Saturday, May 25, 2013

HOT, MUGGY, SATURDAY AFTERNOON

It is a hot, muggy Saturday afternoon in central Oklahoma.

My memories as a teenager seemed to always include hot, muggy Saturday afternoons in the summer.

I always made a bee line for the library when we went to North Vernon on Saturdays. It was cooler there.

The hottest Saturday afternoons I can recall were in Madison. My brother and I tried to walk on the south side of main street underneath building awnings because there was some shade. We seldom got a soft drink or ice cream.
Some of the bigger stores had water fountains. Ingils (Sp) Drug Store actually had air conditioning.

I did a lot of fishing on hot Saturday afternoons, when I was not cutting grass or working in the family garden.

Maybe it is just me, but that's the way I remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment