Saturday, July 9, 2016

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT--SO I DID!!!

THIS POST IS ABOUT MEN TREATING WIVES AND CHILDREN WITH LOVE AND RESPECT !!!!!


Some of the readers of this Blog have known me for many, many years. I am older, fatter and hopefully a bit wiser. For sure I am bolder in pointing out, especially to men, when they mistreat their wives and children. I played a large role in helping the State rescue three children who were forced to live in a house trailer with busted out windows. Once, I was called to testify in a child custody battle. A boy was being mistreated by his step father. After a week of testimony, the judge ruled the biological father was to have sole custody!


The following is a true account of an encounter with a man and his wife I have known for over 20 years.  We first became acquainted over the airwaves of Ham Radio. Later, we discovered a mutual interest in and love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At least that is what I thought.


Over the years, I would meet his wife and grown daughters, without the man of the house present. They told me the man I knew was not the man they were enduring at home. Anger and hurt was so apparent.


When I would meet him and his wife in the mall and elsewhere, he immediately had to tell me about the latest old car he had bought and added to his growing collection of cars and all of the fancy Ham gear he recently had purchased. His wife seldom spoke and her clothing reflected she had missed out on the latest money spending spree.


His wife and him recently stopped me while we were shopping at the Walmarts. (In OK, if you are over 65, you can add an "S" to any noun you want! K-Marts, Sonics, the Laws, etc) He briefly inquired about my sick wife and launched into telling me about the thousands of dollars of new Ham gear he added to his radio room. Also, a like new 1955 Chevy was now part of his car collection.


I looked at his silent wife and said with considerable force, "Go buy yourself an in-ground swimming pool and a new Cadillac. You have earned it!" Here is where he became unhinged: He started waging a finger at me and raising his voice and told me I had better bring some checks if she got anything. We each then went our separate ways. I feel bad for his wife and the servant role she is forced to play.


HOWEVER, I AM GLAD SOMEONE REMINDED HIM OF HOW FOOLISH AND SELFISH HE WAS! MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I WAITED THIS LONG TO TELL HIM THE TRUTH!


I doubt if he will speak to me again. I'm OK with that. Sometimes a person is best defined by the people who are their enemies!


Glenn <><
Just West of Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment