Friday, February 3, 2012

COLD WAR HUMOR # 1

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!


1. The Cold War was very dangerous during our high school days. Upfront Note: The Cold War with the Soviet Union was hot, very hot. In another post, I will provide some insights you may not know.



2. Lots of variety TV shows---Milton Berle, Red Skeleton, Show of Shows, Ed Sullivan, and a ton more. (I would give anything for my grand kids to see the talent I saw.) Today SITCOMs are King.


Stand up comics in our high school days were trying to make the Cold War not so serious.


Dinah Shore had a very good show. (Dinah seemed to radiate energy and joy.)Some comic took her theme song. "See the USA in your Chevrolet."  The comic said Russia had their own version: The singer was Dinahusi Shoreski: "See the USSR in your armored car"


I cannot explain how or why I remember such trivia. Today, I cannot remember a three item grocery list!

No comments:

Post a Comment