Friday, June 17, 2011

12 Things I Know Now That I Wish I Knew Then

1. "It is too bad that youth is wasted on the young."---George Bernard Shaw, British play writer


2. "Show me your friends and I will show you your future." (Multiple places referenced-- real source unknown)


3. "Life is what happens while we are busy making other plans."---John Lennon, (Enough said)


4. "Flee youthful lusts." Apostle Paul's Letter to a Teenage Preacher Boy  (2 Timothy 2:22)


5. "A promise made is a debt unpaid." ---Poet Robert Service, From The Cremation of Sam McGee


6. " If I had known I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of myself."  (Old Cliche)


7. "Be not deceived, God is not mocked: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)


8. "Wrong is wrong even if everybody does it; Right is right even if nobody does it!" Late Preacher: Vance Havner


9 " Pay Day Someday" Famous sermon preached hundreds of times by the Late Pastor R.G. Lee


10. "The hardest part of getting started is getting started!" Appeared in a Reader's Digest many, many years ago


11. "If you need help, give help!" Personal quote of mine


12 "Every race is always won in the last inch." Another personal quote of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment