Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bath On A Path

For my years at PCHS we had outdoor toilets. After some boys burned the old one, they were ordered to construct a new one. A brother of one of the "Out house fire bugs" carved a note that this new toilet was from the efforts of....and he named the guilty.


Our basketball coach warned the players that he had better not catch them just hanging out at the toilet. You had better be doing your business and get away as soon as possible. The coach knew a bunch of the boys smoked at the out house.


On one occasion I was there just in time to see a match tossed down one of the three holes. The paper ignited and threatened to burn it down again! The quick action by me and the two smokers saved the day. We carried snow to douse the blaze for so long my hands seemed frost bitten.


I was less worried about the toilet burning down than the coach catching me there. I would have been "numbered with the transgressors!"

No comments:

Post a Comment