Sunday, October 18, 2015

RIDE AWAY


                             RIDE AWAY

Today marks my 74th Birthday. Birthdays can be a time of reflection of the past, especially, in light of the mortality tables, and a look toward the future. General MacArthur once observed that old soldiers never die they just fade away. Dr. Jerry Vines once preached a message entitled: “Old Preachers Never Die, They Just Fade Away.”

It would preposterous to the extreme to compare myself with General MacArthur or Dr. Jerry Vines. Since I live in Oklahoma and “The Searchers” is my favorite movie, I am honored to point you to the theme from that great John Wayne movie sung by the Sons of the Pioneers:


This song says more than I can ever hope to say on this birthday.

Glenn <><

Just West of Yesterday

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment