Monday, October 5, 2015

WHEN COMPANY COMES !!!!

Without warning a family you had not seen, or heard from, in 8 years shows up at your door at 9:30pm on a Friday night.


"Sherry, it is so nice to see you. Please come in."


"Mary. I can't stay long. Just wanted to say hello and we'll continue looking for a motel. Seems like most have "No Vacancy."


"Yeah, the annual week long "Old West Rodeo" is in town. The mayor says it is good for business and sales tax but traffic is horrible and just try and get into any restaurant!"


"My second husband, Willard, I call him Willie, worked as a forklift operator in a large warehouse that burned to the ground about 10 days ago. His unemployment hasn't kicked in; however, we took his last paycheck and hocked my wedding ring Sammy, you remember him, gave me and headed to the Grand Canyon. Your sister back home gave us your address"


"Sure, I remember Sammy. How could I forget him. He sat behind me in biology and made obscene gestures to me and bragged about his sexual exploits. Had I known you would marry this jerk I would have told you all about him. What ever happened to him?"


"Well, he was an over the road driver and met a waitress near Houston and seems that in spite of her missing two front teeth, they became instant soul mates. He didn't come home for over a mo 

No comments:

Post a Comment