Wednesday, June 1, 2016

LET THE WORD GO FORTH.....

EVERY NOW AND THEN WE GET FORM LETTERS FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY---I HATE THESE SELF-SERVING NEWSPAPERS! NOBODYS' FAMILY IS THAT GOOD OR THAT COOL. HERE IS ONE OF THE CRAZY RESPONSES I SEND BACK:





Just in case you are wondering how we are doing, here’s a short run down.

Our summer got off to a very bad start.

The cow went dry; and an egg-sucking snake cleaned out the hen house; and the Watkins man refuses to give us any more credit.

My lab tests came back and the doctor says they showed I should not buy anymore green bananas. I don’t know why he would say that.

Two men, dressed in black with very dark sunglasses, sold me a   million dollar insurance policy for disasters caused by the approach of that planet Nibiru. I didn’t tell them my check was only valid on Nibiru.

One of the Gypsy barn roof painters fell off the roof and has sued me because I didn’t provide a safe working environment. To make matters worse, the first rain washed all of the paint off.

I got all excited about horse racing after watching the KY Debry. I answered a Craig’s List ad and purchased a sure fire winner sight unseen named Tripod. Can’t wait until he gets here from Nigeria.

I bought one of those “As Seen On TV” thin wallets at Walgreen’s. Before I left the store a pick pocket lifted it from me. The police said those skinny wallets are easy pickings for “Dips”---that’s what they call pick pockets.

Went to Wal-Mart the other day and there in the parking lot I was rolled by a disorderly band of undisciplined youth.  I thought I was making some progress trying to talk them out of a life of crime and violence until I was struck by the apparent ring leader. His weapon of choice was his son’s birthday piƱata containing an anvil. Doctor says the jaw wires will come off in three months. My advice: Buy all of the Aleve stock you can.

I really fooled the CDC mobile research team. They gave me two bucks to stick my hand into this pillow case looking thing containing 3,000 Zika-carrying mosquitos. Those guys are not too smart----I’m a guy that is not even pregnant!  

Our TV went out last week. Come to find out it was that acne- covered, alternative school dropout, wild son of our neighbor’s. He stole our satellite dish to take to a carry-in dinner for all of the clients of his case worker.

My bank had a big outdoor BBQ last month on the bank’s lawn. The big event was to say thanks to current account holders and to open some new accounts. All of the employees of the bank----except Homer, the bank janitor---were on the lawn having a big time with all of us. While everyone was eating and playing Blindfolded Lawn Darts the bank safe was clean out---bare as grandma’s cookie jar. The police and federal investigators have no clues. On Monday morning, a lady with a foreign accent called the bank and said Homer had taken ill and his return was unknown.

Maybe the best news of all happened last week. While we were attending the annual 4-wheel drive, off-road, solar-powered Shriners Clown Car Show, the Publisher’s Clearing House came to our house. The neighbors say they had balloons, cameras, and a super-large card board check. And can you believe it these nice people left us a handwritten note:

         “Sorry we missed you. Please enter again next year.”

In one day we attended a great one-of-a-kind car show and got a personal note from some very nice people. Life is good!

So you can see things are really starting to look up around here.

I’ve saved the best news for last: We got a nice picture postcard from Homer and it was covered with funny looking stamps with a language on them that no one can read. He has completely recovered and says he is having a wonderful time and will be a new father in November. Seems like things are getting better for everybody!
GLENN <><
JUST WEST OF YESTERDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment